From "Steiner, Dominik" <Dominik.Stei...@gigatronik.com>
Subject AW: How to show element outside viewBox ?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:06:34 GMT
Hi Maik,

I think I can help you. Just set the 'overflow' attribute of the svg-tag to 'visible'. That
way the svg wont be cliped at the viewbox border...

I hope this helps...

Dominik

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Maik Schürer [mailto:Maik.Schuerer@proveo.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. September 2005 15:02
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: How to show element outside viewBox ?

Hi there,
I use a SVG document with "viewBox" to fit the SVG to screen when
starting my application...
But I have dynamically added elements outside the viewBox too.
What is the best way, to get these elements visible, when I zoom out ?
Is it necessarry to change the viewBox attribute of the root element
after each ResizeAction ? Or is there an other/better way to get such
elements visible ?

btw, when I use SVG as an container only to xlink an bitmap, it seems
like SVG is not so "rigorous" with viewBox: dynamically added elements
outside the viewBox are visible ! curious

Best regards and thanks for help in advance
Maik