From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: freehep and batik
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:35 GMT
Nice idea, but unfortunately, FreeHEP is licensed under the LGPL which
currently makes it off-limits for any Apache project. You could, however,
publish such a transcoder somewhere else and under the LGPL. I've been
keeping an eye on FreeHEP for ages now since they've got a nice
PostScript interpreter that I'd love to use in FOP. But I can't because
of the LGPL. Fortunately, this situation may yet change in the near
future.

On 01.12.2005 19:22:39 Anthony Cavalliotis wrote:
<snip/>
> I'd be interested to see any Transcoder re-implementation (or a start)
> if someone has the time.  Then you could add it as an (optional) part
> of batik (cause you'd need the freehep jar).  Looking at the other
> (printer, image) transcoders in org.apache.batik.transcoder, I agree
> that a cleaner solution (for future reuse) would best be a
> EMFTranscoder.
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki