From "G. Wade Johnson" <gwa...@anomaly.org>
Subject Re: Creating attributes in a different namespace?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:48:55 GMT
The proprietary namespace thing works great in Batik. I've used it for quite a
few projects.

G. Wade

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:06:49 +0700
Tonny Kohar <tonny@kiyut.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 14:37 -0500, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
> wrote:
> > How do I do something similar to what the Image element does in SVG?
> >
> > I need to import attributes from another namespace in all my elements.
> > I add these elements like this:
> >
> > Element.setAttributeNS(NS_URI, NS_ATTR, value);
>
> You also need to declare the proprietary namespace in the svg tag as
> well.
> - First declare in the the namespace in the svg tag
> - Second use that namespace in each element you are interested with
>
> Not sure if it is work in batik, I never use proprietary namespace, but
> the DOM Spec indicate like that
>
> Regards
> Tonny Kohar
> --
> Sketsa
> SVG Graphics Editor
> http://www.kiyut.com

There are trivial truths and there are great Truths. The opposite of a
trivial truth is obviously false. The opposite of a great Truth is also
true.                                                  -- Neils Bohr