From "G. Wade Johnson" <gwa...@anomaly.org>
Subject Re: Creating attributes in a different namespace?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:00:28 GMT
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:27:58 -0500
"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote:

> Yeah, it was reading back blank values because I was using
> Element.getAttributeNS(...) wrong.  Instead of appending the xmlns to every
> element, I did put it in the root SVG element to save on document size.
> Amazingly, all this stuff finally works right.  Thanks for the suggestions
> and help; I now have scaling, translating, and rotating all working
> together.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but you should be able to put the xmlns item
in the root svg tag and use the appropriate prefix anywhere in the document.
For example,

<svg width="1040" height="1090"
     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
     xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
     xmlns:mine="http://www.anomaly.org/my_namespace">

   <mine:specialtag>Does something</mine>
   <rect x="10" y="10" width="100" height="50"
         mine:property="a special property"/>
</svg>

G. Wade
--
If there's no solution, there's no problem.         -- Rick Hoselton