From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Problem with selectionList / remove eventListener
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:12:39 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with the following selectionList / ECMAScript Code and
removing eventListeners from my document.documentElement.

I am refering to the example at:
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/gui/selectionlist/index.svg

When one opens a selectionList, I add a "click" and "keypress"  event
listener to the document.documentElement in order to allow for open
selectionlists to close if the user clicks outside the selectionlist.
This works fine in Batik, the selectionlist closes properly when the
event was received from the svg-element. However, it seems the event
listener is not properly removed from the document.documentElement
(which should be done in the file "selectionList.js" in the method
".foldList()"). Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't find my
mistake. Why aren't the eventListeners properly removed?

There is a tar.gz archive of all related files available at
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/gui/selectionlist/selectionList.tar.gz.

Any help on this problem is very much appreciated.

I tested with the latest svn release and also with batik 1.6 with the
same results/problems.

Thanks a lot,
Andreas