From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Nightly release much improved over 1.6
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 09:24:02 GMT
Hi all,

Richard, there has been quite a lot of activity from the Batik
developers, namely Thomas and Cameron. Its just not obvious from the
website, as you've seen. Also, the support on this mailinglist is always
great and quick.

Regarding a new Batik release:

I would also welcome a new release 1.7 or 1.6.1 - but I don't know how
much work a release means to Thomas and Cameron?

Thanks again for the good work.

Andreas

Richard.Kennard@mail.thomson.com wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I recently (somewhat in desperation) downloaded the Batik development/nightly release,
and to my delight found that it solved all of the problems I was having trying to render SVG
3D pie charts using JOpenChart.

> This development/nightly release is such an improvement over the production 1.6 I was
wondering if there is some kind of plan to release it as a 1.7 or a 1.6.1? The Batik web site
seems rather quiet of late?

> Regards and well done on a fantastic product!
>
> Richard.

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/