From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 03:35:58 GMT
If you're asking whether or not the document has been saved or not, I don't allow the user
to import images unless the document has been saved to a file.  I didn't see a way to import
images without it.  Both the document and the imported image reside in the same "temp" directory.

I need to do more experimenting.  Thomas says in his post that "xlink:href" is correct and
I was definitely just using "href" or more specifically the HREF value from SVGConstants.

If they both reside in the same directory, do I need a URL structure?  I just specify imagename.png
or imagename.jpg because it's in the same directory as the SVG document.  Do I still need
"file://"?  I'm trying to use relative paths so files can be moved around.

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: Tonny Kohar [mailto:tonny@kiyut.com]
Sent: Sun 12/4/2005 8:08 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 02:10 -0500, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
wrote:
> It's definitely relative; all the files are in the same directory.  It doesn't complain
about missing images, it just says I don't have the tag.  It's odd how one way works when
placing an image and another works when loading an SVG document.

Another thing to consider

Is this newly created document at the runtime, or previously created and
loaded document.

In case it is newly created document at the runtime, you need to set
DocumentBase url, so that batik could resolve the path.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa