From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Creating attributes in a different namespace?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 05:27:58 GMT
Yeah, it was reading back blank values because I was using Element.getAttributeNS(...) wrong.
 Instead of appending the xmlns to every element, I did put it in the root SVG element to
save on document size.  Amazingly, all this stuff finally works right.  Thanks for the suggestions
and help; I now have scaling, translating, and rotating all working together.

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: Tonny Kohar [mailto:tonny@kiyut.com]
Sent: Mon 12/12/2005 8:06 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating attributes in a different namespace?

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 14:37 -0500, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
wrote:
> How do I do something similar to what the Image element does in SVG?
>
> I need to import attributes from another namespace in all my elements.
> I add these elements like this:
>
> Element.setAttributeNS(NS_URI, NS_ATTR, value);

You also need to declare the proprietary namespace in the svg tag as
well.
- First declare in the the namespace in the svg tag
- Second use that namespace in each element you are interested with

Not sure if it is work in batik, I never use proprietary namespace, but
the DOM Spec indicate like that

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--