From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:14:10 GMT
Right, that's why I was being explicit.  I didn't want to be missing
something common or obvious.  I just switched it back over to
"xlink:href" and it worked fine for both loading and saving.  I dunno
what changed precisely, but I was working with a number of code changes
at the same time.  Might've been something unrelated.

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 6:09 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?

Hi Michael,

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote:

> I didn't see a way to import images without it.  Both the document and

the
> imported image reside in the same "temp" directory.
>
> If they both reside in the same directory, do I need a URL structure?

   No, but if the document you are adding the image to doesn't have
a base URL (usually because it was created 100% from DOM or read from
a stream with no associated URL) then it won't be able to find the
temp directory that the 'other' image is in.  However this will not
cause the 'xlink:href' must be present error.  It will cause a broken
link image to be used in most cases.

> I just specify imagename.png or imagename.jpg because it's in the same

> directory as the SVG document.  Do I still need "file://"?

   No.

> I'm trying to use relative paths so files can be moved around.

   This is a correct and good thing to do.  It wasn't clear that
they were in the same directory.  Many people try and use things
like "C:\blah\blah\icons\foo.png" as a 'URL'.  So I am sure Tonny
was just trying to rule out some of the more common mistakes.

> From: Tonny Kohar [mailto:tonny@kiyut.com]

> On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 02:10 -0500, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
> wrote:
> > It's definitely relative; all the files are in the same directory.
It