From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:25:55 GMT
So, the real question is...

If I have a document in memory, then save it to disk, how do I
communicate the "base URL" of the document on disk to the document in
memory?  I need to save a document, then tell the in-memory one "You
reside at this location."  Is there a way to do that?  Obviously when I
load the document from disk, the base URL information already exists.

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
[mailto:Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 1:48 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Error importing Images into an image tag?

Argh, this IS still broken, but now in a new way.  Here's the situation:

- User saves an SVG document to a directory.
- User chooses to "import" an image.
- Image is copied to the same directory as the SVG document.  (I
manually verified this)
- Image is linked via xlink:href="imagename.jpg"
- The "broken image" icon is shown in place of the image.
- User saves SVG document.
- User loads SVG document.
- Correct image is now shown.

I ran into similar problems when I didn't save an attribute with the
name space and Batik "fixed" the problem when reloading the document.
In this situation, I have no idea.  In short, the document MUST
originally be loaded from the file system in order for images to work;
if I import images to documents I've loaded from the file system, it
works as expected.

Michael Bishop