From Andrew Plotkin <erkyr...@eblong.com>
Subject Re: Memory leaking from MultipleGradientPaintContext
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:49:43 GMT
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote:

>   However what I really need to debug the problem is an idea of why
> those int arrays aren't going to GC.  Since they go to GC on other JVM's
> I'm inclined to blame something internal to the 10.4 JVM, the key
> question is what? and is there anything I can do to avoid the problem...
>
>   Do you have tools to debug memory leaks?  I.E. follow reference chains
> backwards to the GC root keeping the array live.

I apologize for being an utter failure on this question, but... I just
spent several hours looking for tools to accomplish this, and I'm failing.
Utterly.

(HAT: bad magic number reading HPROF dump. jMechanic: class load error
when I start a profile run in Eclipse. Eclipse TPTP: I can't even figure
out what to install. JMP: won't compile on Mac. DrMem: doesn't report
reference chains.)

If anyone has a clue how to accomplish this kind of debugging on a Mac
(and a JDK 1.4.2 environment), I'd truly love to hear from you...

--Z

*
I'm still thinking about what to put in this space.