From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Multiple pages with PDFTranscoder
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:49:04 GMT
The PDFTranscoder is currently not up to that task. However, the
PDFDocumentGraphics2D class that the PDFTranscoder uses has a public
method "nextPage()" which closes the current page and starts a new one
as soon as painting on the Graphics2D implementation continues. I've
used that myself to create multi-page output from a JPS (Java Printing
System) plug-in I wrote based on PDFDocumentGraphics2D. I guess it
should be possible to adjust the PDFTranscoder to do what you need it to
do, but remember that the source code for the PDFTranscoder still lives
in Apache FOP in the org.apache.fop.svg package and not in Batik.

Good luck!

On 24.01.2006 09:47:05 Henric Rosvall wrote:
> Hi !
>
> In my software, I emulate multiple pages in a single SVG. But now I want to
> transcode this SVG-document to a PDF - which means that I need to create a
> PDF with multiple pages, and then output every virtual page in the SVG to a
> unique page in the PDF. Is there some way to do this?
> I've already managed to do a work-around for printing to multiple pages from
> a single SVG, but the transcoding to PDF seems to be a bit different. When
> printing, you could just set an AOI, and then move the page to be printed
> into this AOI, and transcode it. By doing this with every virtual page, and
> adding the transcoded output to the PrinterJob-object one per page, I got
> the printing of multiple pages working. But there doesn't seem to be any way
> to do anything similar with the PDF-transcoding since it creates a new PDF
> every time you transcode, instead of a new page.
>
> Any thoughts on how to solve this?
>
> BTW: The admins of this mailing-list really need to check the anti-spam
> software. Every mail that I send from work gets classified as spam. But if I
> send the exact same mail from home, it works perfectly...

You can send a mail to infrastructure@apache.org and include the full
message (including headers) and the spam response. Maybe they can find
out something. Some of that process, however, is not under their control
since they are using grey/blacklists that are maintained outside the ASF.
Maybe the spam response already tells you why the message gets rejected.
Check the headers.

Jeremias Maerki