From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject problem with error message nr 1, Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:21:29 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with error messages where I don't know how to
avoid/correct them.

Maybe someone from the Batik developers could help me?

I am refering to the following (early) prototype:
http://www.carto.net/geofotos/index.svg

when I load the document I get the following error:
java.io.IOException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createSVGDocument(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.DocumentLoader.loadDocument(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.URIResolver.getNode(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getReferencedNode(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getReferencedElement(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.FontFace.getFontFamily(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.FontFace.getFontFamily(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.CSSFontFace.getFontFamily(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGFontUtilities.getFontFamily(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.getFontFamilyList(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.getAttributeMap(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.fillAttributedStringBuffer(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.buildAttributedString(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.computeLaidoutText(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGTextElementBridge.buildGraphicsNode(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.GVTTreeBuilder.run(Unknown Source)

--------------
I really don't know which of the files is meant.
"http://www.carto.net/geofotos/index.svg" or the file
"http://www.carto.net/geofotos/geophotos_map.xml" or another file loaded
at the beginning?

What does it mean? A problem with encoding or the wrong UTF-8 header?

Thanks for any hint on the problem,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/