From Immo Köster <Immo.Koes...@post.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject Rendering a fragment in JSVGCanvas
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:23:28 GMT
Hi there,

I am new to Batik but already impressed by its functionality.

However, I do not get the following to work correctly:

I want to display a fragment (and only a fragment) of an SVG document in
a JSVGCanvas. Using setURI("somefile.svg#ID123") does not work as
expected, as it always renders the full content of the given SVG file.
Strange enough, when given a nonexisting fragment identifier, it throws
a org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: 'The URI "testfragment"
specified on the element <svg> is invalid' - so the identifier is not
simply ignored. Furthermore, calling getFragmentIdentifier() returns the
correct ID, so why does Batik render the full content then?

Squiggle also displays the full SVG instead of just the fragment, so
this seems to be a general issue.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Immo Köster