From Patrick Egan <patrick.e...@greshamticket.com>
Subject Re: CMYK from Batik
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:03:39 GMT
Thanks for your answer Jeremias,

Can anyone tell me how to create a CMYK JPEG with the JPEGTranscoder.
I believe that this involves the use of  <color-profile> tag with a
reference to an .icm file, but an example of both java and suitable svg
source would help greatly.

Thanks,
Patrick

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

>FRF = Frequently requested feature :-)
>
>No, the PDF output currently doesn't support CMYK. Only for CMYK JPEGs
>with an ICC profile the CMYK information can be preserved, but that's
>not what you're asking for. Furthermore, SVG is not really oriented
>towards CMYK. I can't talk for Batik, only for FOP (Batik uses FOP code
>for PDF output), but we currently can't specify colors with an ICC
>profile which is the only possible route to work with CMYK colors. And
>it may even be non-standard as far as I know.
>
>Given the amount of feature requests in the past I would have thought
>that someone finally sits down and starts implementing support for CMYK.
>But I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for that.
>
>On 09.01.2006 18:18:22 Patrick Egan wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I may be asking for the moon on a stick but is there any way to get CMYK
>>colour output, preferably in pdf format from Batik ?  I can get pdf
>>output using PrintTranscoder and pdf printer driver (eg.PDF reDirect)
>>but the pdfs are always in RGB and require a further conversion to CMYK
>>before they can be used to make printing plates.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Patrick

Important - This e-mail and the information that it contains may be
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.  Access by the
intended recipient only is authorised.  Any liability (in negligence or
otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from acting,
on any information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store
or copy the information in any medium.  Copyright in this e-mail and
attachments created by us belongs to the author and
also asserts the right to be identified as such and object to any misuse.