From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: "Drag" selection box...how to?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 05:28:54 GMT
This is what I was looking for, thanks.  Which class is this specified in?  I have the Javadoc
with the 1.6 distribution and this method is empty for SVGSVGElement and SVGOMSVGElement,
hence the confusion.

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: Cameron McCormack [mailto:cam-batik-users@aka.mcc.id.au]
Sent: Tue 2/7/2006 4:42 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: "Drag" selection box...how to?

Hi Michael.

Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880:
> No, it's not a typo.  I must not have been clear.  I'm talking about the
> two parameters to getIntersectionList().  One is an SVGRect, which I
> assume is the box I want to check.  The other is an SVGElement called
> "referenceElement".  I don't know what that one represents.

Just check the spec.  In the description for getIntersectionList[1] it
says:

  Returns the list of graphics elements whose rendered content
  intersects the supplied rectangle, honoring the 'pointer-events'
  property value on each candidate graphics element.

  Parameters
      in SVGRect rect
          The test rectangle. The values are in the initial coordinate
          system for the current 'svg' element.
      in SVGElement referenceElement
          If not null, then only return elements whose drawing order has
          them below the given reference element.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#InterfaceSVGSVGElement

--
 Cameron McCormack                      ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au                     MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au