From André Ávila <asan...@nextech.com.br>
Subject Re: Rendering with JGVTComponent
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:33:38 GMT
Hi Thomas.

>    The fix is now in SVN.  For static documents that only use AWT Fonts
> the Document can now go to GC once the GVT tree is built (I've attached
> a small sample app that shows this).

This is great news! Downloading now.

>    Note that SVG Fonts currently still hold a reference to the DOM.
> This can probably also be fixed but is a bigger job.  Since I doubt
> you need to use SVG Fonts I figured I put out what I have.

This is fine. SVG fonts are not really an issue for me.

>    If you have split the document I would build the GVT tree for them
> sequentially and append the generated GVT tree's.  This way you will only
> have the DOM for one piece in memory at a time, and you won't have to
> worry about synching multiple canvases.

Yes, I was hoping I could do that (build only one GVT tree). Otherwise I
would have to keep 10-20 synchronized canvases, and I doubt it would be an
easy task.

Many thanks again for all your support, Thomas!

I'll build your new package and then I'll let you know how things are going.

Best regards,

André