From Anders Straadt <...@esoft.dk>
Subject Re: Bad anti-aliasing?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:30:38 GMT
Hi Cameron.

Cameron McCormack:
> Try putting shape-rendering="geometricPrecision" on your root 'svg'
> element.  That should solve the problem, I think.

That doesn't seem to make any difference. Visually it still looks a lot like floating point
values getting cast to integers for some reason or another. The artifacts are not present
when I render on a Graphics2D object with no transform (plain identity matrix). Artifacts
appear when I scale it up and down.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I can zoom in (scale transformation) on the artifacts,
any number of magnitude (until java2d gives a "bad path" exception), and the artifacts are
_not_ magnified. The gaps are still at most 1 pixel wide, and the line widths (well, they're
actually <rect> shapes in the SVG file) will still only differ by one pixel.

--
Anders Straadt, Application Developer
aks@esoft.dk, http://www.esoft.dk/

- Got this email by mistake? Please visit http://www.esoft.dk/email/ for