From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Seemingly odd question...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:32:47 GMT
Just checking to make doubly-sure...I was reasonbly convinced it was a real queue, but I got
a heck of a mess to sort out...I got canvas changes generating XMPP events, going across the
network, being received as an event, and making canvas changes...so I need to eliminate all
the possible suspects...:)

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: Andrew Plotkin [mailto:erkyrath@eblong.com]
Sent: Thu 3/23/2006 11:14 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Seemingly odd question...

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880 wrote:

> Even with a call to invokeLater()?  It'd seem that invokeLater() just
> kicks off a Thread and returns...

No, it kicks the task into the queue and returns. The queue occupies a
single thread, which executes tasks serially. That's why they call it a
queue. :)

--Z

*
It used to be that "conservatives" were in favor of smaller government,
fiscal responsibility, and tighter constraints on the Man's ability to
monitor you, arrest you, and control your life.