From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Seemingly odd question...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:49:16 GMT
I use invokeLater everywhere too, but this time it won't work.  In the case I "start" a whiteboard
session, I fire off a "create_page" and a "create_element".  I need to make sure that "create_page"
is all done before I start adding elements to it.  How do you do your callback?  I've been
setting a boolean in the Runnable and waiting until it's finished in a synchronized block
so nothing else can get in there.  Hasn't seemed to work yet.

Michael Bishop

________________________________

From: Andrew Plotkin [mailto:erkyrath@eblong.com]
Sent: Thu 3/23/2006 11:45 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Seemingly odd question...

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880 wrote:

> Just checking to make doubly-sure...I was reasonbly convinced it was a
> real queue, but I got a heck of a mess to sort out...I got canvas
> changes generating XMPP events, going across the network, being received
> as an event, and making canvas changes...

I am, interestingly, doing exactly the same thing.

I use invokeLater everywhere. If I need some kind of result from the task
being invoked, I don't use invokeAndWait; instead, I give the task a
callback to call.

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't shipped you to Syria for interrogation,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're patriotic.