From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Seemingly odd question...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:00:29 GMT
OK...it must be...the code that calls invokeLater is in an ActionListener, so multiple instances
of those can be going on at once...Threads calling Threads...I'll have to figure it out.

MIchael Bishop

________________________________

From: Andrew Plotkin [mailto:erkyrath@eblong.com]
Sent: Thu 3/23/2006 2:28 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Seemingly odd question...

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880 wrote:

> I use invokeLater everywhere too, but this time it won't work.  In the
> case I "start" a whiteboard session, I fire off a "create_page" and a
> "create_element".  I need to make sure that "create_page" is all done
> before I start adding elements to it.  How do you do your callback?

For something like that, I wouldn't need a result out of the code, so I
wouldn't use a callback.

I call invokeLater, and each task finishes before the next one starts. I
put in assertions to make sure of this, and they never trip. I think you
must be doing something else wrong.

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't shipped you to Syria for interrogation,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're patriotic.