From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Simple Question can't find in FAQ's
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:53:48 GMT
Hi Steve,

Steve Vanspall <svanspal@bigpond.net.au> wrote on 03/16/2006 10:24:57 PM:

> No but some if the server isn't specifically set up for headless mode,
> then the JVM will throw an exception the moment I try to do anything
> with AWT.

   I would suggest that any server JVM using JDK 1.4+ that isn't setup for
headless mode is just improperly configured.  The problem should be
treated
like any other misconfiguration of the JVM...

> Will have to enquire with the frontrunner in our list of potential hosts

> to check see if they support it or not.

   I'm not sure I would trust a host that wouldn't fix an issue like
this (assuming they are already using jdk 1.4+).