From dvhol...@computer.org
Subject Antwort: RE: Antwort: String to SVGElement?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:17:26 GMT
When the elements are 'flat' (no child-elements), i would invent some
java-structure, fill it, send it with RMI and
use it on client-side to create the element. Hey - no need for flat
elements - RMI can easily transfer object-trees.
XML as the transfer-format _seems_ to an advantage, because there's a lot
of XML and DOM around in the SVG-world.
But thats an illusion: there may be support to serialize elements to
XML-strings, but the reverse way requires quite much
of a XML-parser. For me, XML is comfortable when I can use the integrated
parser, tell him where the file is and have it transformed.

dvholten