From dvhol...@computer.org
Subject Antwort: String to SVGElement?
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:36:08 GMT
Hi,

that looks like a tricky problem. I see no simple solution.
If I would have to design something like this I would try to go this
direction:
- master and slaves (clients) start with the same document. So all have
the same structure and id's.
- i would try to detect changes in the master element's attributes and
propagate just that: id, attribute and new value.
- on client-side, I would locate the element by id and change the
attribute.

A problem is structural changes: where to put new elements? When they are
within a <g> ?
That may be possible when you send the parent's id...

So it can be reduced to some basic operations:
- insert new element under a parent-element
- delete element(id) ( plus it's children)
- modify element-attributes
- add/delete attributes(?)

Maybe it's simpler to distribute the modification-commands (which create
the dom-modifications)
and do the same modifications in the clients.

DOM consistency is quite a challenge: namespace-things, valid
attribute-values....

If you can give some more details we may provide some more ideas.

HTH
dvholten