From Andrew Plotkin <erkyr...@eblong.com>
Subject RE: Seemingly odd question...
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:28:08 GMT
On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880 wrote:

> I use invokeLater everywhere too, but this time it won't work.  In the
> case I "start" a whiteboard session, I fire off a "create_page" and a
> "create_element".  I need to make sure that "create_page" is all done
> before I start adding elements to it.  How do you do your callback?

For something like that, I wouldn't need a result out of the code, so I
wouldn't use a callback.

I call invokeLater, and each task finishes before the next one starts. I
put in assertions to make sure of this, and they never trip. I think you
must be doing something else wrong.

--Z

*
If the Bush administration hasn't shipped you to Syria for interrogation,
it's for one reason: they don't feel like it. Not because you're patriotic.