From "Dylan Browne" <dbro...@mango-solutions.com>
Subject Accessing event coordinates when zoomed
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:44:23 GMT
Hi,

(Not strictly a Batik Posting, although I am using Batik DOM to create my
SVG, so I hope that almost counts...!)

I am using JavaScript "evt.clientX" and "evt.clientY" (I have also tried
"screenX") to retrieve the co-ordinates of a mouseover event, and some extra
code then displays a label using these coordinates. (In essence, I'm
creating a souped-up tool-tip).

This works fine in standard view, but once the SVG document has been zoomed,
the co-ordinates returned are no longer relative to the original
document,(as, of course, I would expect :). I'd be grateful if someone could
point me towards the correct JS syntax so the coordinates I return are in
relation to my zoomed/panned document.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help,

Regards,
Dylan