From Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>
Subject Re: AW: Clipping SVG documents
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 04:43:39 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 08:54 +0200, Steiner, Dominik wrote:
> Hi Tilo,
>
> I have the same problem (big svg map file) and I couldn't come up with any solution either.
>
> I guess you could probably cut off the non visible parts by hand out of the document
but I haven't any clue if there is a nice solution to that problem.

> Perhaps Andreas had a similar issue?

I am not GIS expert, I have been read somewhere that to improve
perceived speed and performance for big svg file eg: map file) you could
use 2 svg file, one is contains simpler map (less point for shape) and
one is the real (with many point for accuracy). Where the first file is
displayed to user and when the user need to zoom or get detail, then the
second file is shown.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--