From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject suspendRedraw(), unsuspendRedraw()
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:38:44 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering if SVGSVGElement.suspendRedraw() and
SVGSVGElement.unsuspendRedraw() should work in Batik?

If I try to see if it is available, it says yes, but when I try to use
it, it gives me an error message.

Here is an example on how I used it:

http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/suspendDrawTest.svg

When I use SVGSVGElement.suspendRedraw() in my example I get the
following error:

---------

java.lang.Error
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMSVGElement.suspendRedraw(Unknown Source)
        at

-------

My impression is, that the method is there, but not functional?

Because when I do:

if (document.documentElement.suspendRedraw) {
    alert("suspendRedraw implemented");
}
else {
    alert("suspendRedraw not implemented");
}

Batik seems to report that it is implemented.

Thanks for shedding some light on my problem.

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/