From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: suspendRedraw(), unsuspendRedraw()
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:51:09 GMT
Thanks,

I can confirm that try/catch now works with SVN.

As I understand, the current implementation of Batik always reacts like
if suspendRedraw()/unsuspendRedraw() would be called. It does not update
the screen while it is executing a script.

Does Batik allow to update the screen on demand? It doesn't yet support
SVGSVGElement.forceRedraw() - is there any other method as a workaround?

Thanks,
Andreas

>>My problem is that some browsers implement suspendRedraw and others
>>don't and I have to test if the method is available.
>>
>>I tried with try/catch but it did not work either.
>>

>Yeah, it’s not ideal that those methods are throwing Errors instead of
>some other RuntimeException.  I’ve just made a change in SVN for them to
>throw UnsupportedOperationExceptions instead, which makes them
>capturable from script.
>
>This probably doesn’t help you, however, if you want to support any
>older version of Batik.  I don’t think there’s a reasonable way of
>sniffing the Batik version, either.

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/