From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: On Changing the Mouse Cursor Appearance
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:47:06 GMT
Hi Phillip,

I believe Thomas answered your question in his last email.

>>no need to set the pointer-events attribute. The default value is "fill"
>>anyway.
>>

>     But, is this attribute needed to be in every element and in the root or
>just either? Although I tried both. :)

no, as I said, it is not needed. I was slightly wrong with the default
value. It is actually "visiblePainted" which includes "fill" and
"stroke" if the element is visible. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/interact.html#PointerEventsProperty for the
exact definition.

If the default value works for you, you don't need to specify it.

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/