From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: suspendRedraw(), unsuspendRedraw()
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:12:20 GMT

>>>Since they [suspend/force Repaint] seem like they might start being
>>>useful it may be worth trying to implement them...
>>>

>>yes, I'd be interested in using that feature.
>>

>   This is now implemented in SVN.

thank you, much appreciated. I will test it in my applications.

>>Sometimes I have a longer script execution and want to show the user
>>progress (like e.g. calculating a surface profile from a digital
>>elevation model).
>>

>   I know it's a pain but it really would be better to break the loop
>and return.  Anyway you can now use forceRedraw if you want.

What is the drawback if I use forceRedraw, besides the fact that I can't
use it in some SVG viewers or older Batik versions?

Thank you,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/