From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Accessing event coordinates when zoomed
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:54:51 GMT

>We only need to support Adobe Viewer, so I've tried to use some JS similar
>to that in the mapApp.js as suggested.

if you use my "mapApp" object it should just work.

If you launch the tooltip example
(http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/gui/tooltips/) and zoom in with the
Adobe viewer, the tooltips still properly follow the mouse. They don't
compensate for the scale (means that the tooltips scale) but they follow
the mouse properly.

>I call it like this...
>
>function getMyCoords(evt){
>      // Pass in the event from the screen
>	var thePoint = calcCoord(evt);
>	// get the zoomed/panned values from the point
>	x = thePoint.getX();
>      y = thePoint.getY();
>}

calcCoord() is a method of the mapApp object, not a standalone function.
Maybe if you rewrote the function it should work as well. But the mapApp
object also takes into account the use of viewBoxes (I recommend to use
viewBoxes anyway). What calcCoord returns is an SVGPoint.

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/