From Kevin Burton <kevin.bur...@oracle.com>
Subject Batik as Oracle Java Stored Procedure
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:37:46 GMT
Hi

I have implemented the JPEGTranscoder sample as a simple class from the
Batik site with a slight modification to use the PNGTranscoder instead.
This compiled class has been loaded (along with all the Batik jar files
as per the diagram on the Batik install page) into an Oracle database as
a Java Stored Procedure. This Java Stored Procedure is called from
within a PL/SQL package that creates an SVG file - the idea being to
convert the generated SVG file to a PNG image file. The SVG file created
is valid and displays correctly in FireFox but the PNG image produced is
of 0 bytes and therefore blank. The error generated by the Java class is:

SAX2 driver class org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl does not
implement XMLReader

Does anyone have any pointers as to how to resolve this issue? I should
say that the same code implemented in a JSP works perfectly, so I guess
I have a library missing or something?

Regards
Kevin