From Alps <alpesh.par...@c-sam.co.in>
Subject SVG level image optimization.
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:13:39 GMT

Hi all,

I am using Batik for SVG to GIF/JPEG/PNG conversion. The output image
expected was with reduced size and good quality. We found several
optimization points like
1. BufferedImage Rendering Hints
2. Encoding specific parameter configuration like PNGEncodeParam
3. Color Quantization.

I am looking at SVG level optimization, if can specified at SVG document
level or during conversion to BufferedImage. I found the color quantization
works but can we specify the color depth (quantization) at SVG doc level ?
Are there any other optimization configuration available for reducing image
but maintaining quality.

Thanks..Alps