From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: Extracting information from a transformation matrix
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:12:15 GMT
Am I correct in assuming that:

transform(tx, ty) scale(sx, sy)

and

sx  0  tx
0   sy ty

will hold identical values for sx, sy, tx, and ty for any values of
those variables?  In other words, no matter how I scale/translate or in
what order, should it matter?  Note that no rotation has been
introduced.

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880
[mailto:Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 12:32 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: Extracting information from a transformation matrix

Good, good...OK, now I'm getting an understanding and figuring out what
needs to be done.  I assume the 6 values are represented as:

a b c
d e f
0 0 1 (implied, I know we don't really care about these values)

According to my reference, to do a translation, I would have to multiply
in the following:

1 0 tx
0 1 ty
0 0 1 (again, implied)

A scale:

sx  0   0
0   sy  0
0   0   1 (implied for consistency's sake)

A rotate:

cos(t) -sin(t) 0
sin(t)  cos(t) 0
0       0      1 (blah blah)

To get this done in code:

AffineTransform affineTransform = new AffineTransform(a, b, c, d, e, f);
SVGMatrix svgMatrix = new SVGOMMatrix(affineTransform);

Besides the obvious way of calling getA(), getB(), etc., is there a way
to turn this into the proper attribute?

transform="matrix(a, b, c, d, e, f)"

Michael Bishop