From "Schneider, Volker" <Volker.Schnei...@danet.de>
Subject AW: AW: Hotspots with Batik
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:22:56 GMT
Hi Thomas,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, the "#svgView(viewBox(x,y,w,h))" shows me a pointing "hand" over the element, but I cannot
tie an action or a link to another element on this (nothing happens when clicking).

Do you have an example, how I can link to another element (center, no zoom) or how I can tie
a java action on the clicking event.

I am using a derived class of JSVGCanvas.

Do you know the syntax how to point directly a svg 'view' elements by id?

Thank you, best regards,
- Volker -

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 17. Juni 2006 15:21
An: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Hotspots with Batik

Hi Volker,

"Schneider, Volker" <Volker.Schneider@danet.de> wrote on 06/16/2006
07:53:01 AM:

> Unfortunately the 'a' element seems to be used for to external links
only.
> There is something with the viewBox attribute, but when trying this,
nothing
> will happen.

   Did you look at the examples I pointed you towards.  The viewBox
linking
definitely does work.  You can't point directly at elements as it is
very unclear what the behavior should be here (do you translate? zoom?
rotate?).  The SVG WG recently clarified for 1.2 that you should
center the element at the initial view's magnification, we may
implement that.

> What I need is a reference to an element within the same drawing. Is
there a
> syntax for internal anchors that can be referenced by the a-tag?

   the "#svgView(viewBox(x,y,w,h))" format definitely works.
You can also point directly at svg 'view' elements (by id).