From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: ECMAScript generated nodes
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:05:28 GMT
Hi Robert,

rofl <robert@lummert.net> wrote on 06/05/2006 02:33:17 PM:

> I have an SVG-App that generates parts off its contents 'onload' with
> some ECMAScript. But with the usual methods I can't make the
> generated nodes visible in my SVGCanvas. Attribute manipulation done
> later by other ECMAScript is visible immediately though.

   I suspect a bug in your ECMAScript.  There is no significant
difference between script run 'onload' and later.  The most
common problem is namespaces.  If you are used to the Adobe
Viewer your scripts may not create elements in the SVG Namespace
in which case they are _not_ SVG elements and they are not
rendered.

> Setting JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC didn't solve the problem and
> methods to invoke a rerendering like startGVTTreeBuilder seem all to
> be protected.

   In fact the first rendering takes place after all 'onload'
scripts are run, so the canvas is rendering after your changes.