From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: textpath problem
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:59:25 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Neumann <neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote on 06/09/2006 11:59:53
AM:

> I ran into a textPath problem:
>
> Please have a look at http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/textpathTest.svg

> and have a look at the screenshot
> http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/textpathTest.png
>
> Somehow the glyphs do not align smoothly with the path. The screenshot
> shows on the left the correct rendering in Opera vs. the wrong rendering

> in Batik on the right.

   It looks like we are using the start of the glyph to set
angle and position (select one of the chars to see what I mean).
I thought we offset half the glyph width for this calculation so
I'm surprised to see this problem.  I'll try and look at the
code, it's likely a simple thing to fix.

> If you want, I can file a bug in bugzilla on that if you agree that this

> a bug. Maybe it is something wrong in my example.

   Please do, I'm very busy so unless it is a trivial fix it is
likely to be forgotten unless it lives in Bugzilla.