From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Hotspots with Batik
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:13:12 GMT
Hi Volker,

"Schneider, Volker" <Volker.Schneider@danet.de> wrote on 06/19/2006
03:22:56 AM:

> Yes, the "#svgView(viewBox(x,y,w,h))" shows me a pointing "hand" over
the
> element, but I cannot tie an action or a link to another element on this

> (nothing happens when clicking).

> I am using a derived class of JSVGCanvas.

   Sounds like you broke some of the internal methods.  When you click
the code should call 'openLink' on the batik.bridge.UserAgent class
which the Canvas implements to set the 'fragmentIdentifier' on the
Canvas and then calls 'computeRenderingTransform()' followed by
'scheduleGVTRendering()'.   So if you have modified any of these
methods perhaps that is the problem.

> Do you have an example, how I can link to another element (center, no
zoom) or
> how I can tie a java action on the clicking event.

   I already pointed you at examples that do exactly this...
Do those examples work in your application?  Do they work for you
with Squiggle?

> Do you know the syntax how to point directly a svg 'view' elements by
id?

   <a xlink:href="#theViewElementId"> ... </a>