From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Cleaning up JSVGCanvas Memory
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:00:49 GMT
Hi Peter,

Peter Wagener <peter.wagener@hypoluxo.com> wrote on 06/02/2006 06:42:52
PM:

> I've recently updated my application from using the released Batik
> 1.6 to a nightly build (from a week ago or so).  Most things work
> well, and it cleared up one of my more annoying issues:  previously
> having more than one JSVGCanvas instance would consistently render
> the document off-center... the nightly build apparently fixed that
> for me.

   Are you using 'trunk' of the svg11 branch.

> The only issue I'm having now is with cleaning up my JSVGCanvas
> instances when I want to release all the memory associated with
> them.  Here is the code I was using with the 1.6 release; my custom
> extension of JSVGCanvas includes these methods:

   I think I've mentioned this before but I seriously question
the need to do all this.

> The updated nightly code, however, hits a NullPointerException when
> attempting to fire an event listener after removing a child node:

   It looks like you are using trunk.  This has come nice new
features (sXBL) and will be the future of Batik but svg11 is
currently more stable.

> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners
> (Unknown Source)

   It's a little hard to see what is causing this, line numbers
would help.  You can get line numbers by adding a file called
build.properties with the line "debug=on" next to the build.xml
file at the top of the batik build tree.