I have tried to create an image Element in batik to display a jpeg file. But it does not work.
This is my code.

String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
Element abc = document.createElementNS(svgNS, "image");
abc.setAttributeNS(null, "x", "10");
abc.setAttributeNS(null, "y", "10");
abc.setAttributeNS(null, "width", "300");
abc.setAttributeNS(null, "height", "300");
abc.setAttributeNS(XMLConstants.XLINK_NAMESPACE_URI, "xlink:href", "picture.jpg");

The error given is an I/O error occured while processing the URI

Can someone please advice me on this?? Or is there any other methods to display a jpeg file inside batik SVGDocument. Thanks alot!!!!