From Rob Hinst <...@exobitnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Problem rasterizing image element
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:22:32 GMT
Thanks for the response.

The document displays fine in squiggle.

Here is a copy of the Tux image: http://hinst.net/~rhinst/images/Tux.jpg

I'll check out the SVN version and see if that gives me any clues.

Thanks again,
Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:05 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem rasterizing image element

Rob Hinst <rob@hinst.net> wrote on 09/16/2006 11:41:25 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some svg documents that make use of the <image /> tag to
display
> external raster images. The raster images display fine in the SVG
document,
> so I know I've got the SVG correct. When I run the documents through
> the batik rasterizer, in place of the image there is a stock icon of a
broken
> image. Does the rasterizer support the image element?

   Yes, the rasterizer definitely supports the image element.

> java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m "image/jpeg" -q 0.99 -d "test.jpg"
> "test.svg"

   To be clear if you use:
        java -jar batik-squiggle.jar "test.svg"
   It displays fine?

> And here is my SVG document:

   I don't see anything wrong here.

> <image xlink:href="Tux.jpg" x="10" y="10" width="50" height="50"/>

   Any possibility of seeing (a small version of) "Tux.jpg"?
   Also have you tried any other images?

> I've used both an absolute URL and a relative URL for the image,
> because
> heard that could cause issues, but it hasn't seemed to have any impact
> either way.

   This strikes me as very odd.  You might try upgrading to the SVN version
just because that version should print out why it can't read the raster
image...