From Rob Hinst <...@hinst.net>
Subject Problem rasterizing image element
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:41:25 GMT
Hi,

I've got some svg documents that make use of the <image /> tag to display
external raster images. The raster images display fine in the SVG document,
so I know I've got the SVG correct. When I run the documents through the
batik rasterizer, in place of the image there is a stock icon of a broken
image. Does the rasterizer support the image element? I tried looking at the
"support elements table", but the link seems to be broken right now.

I've also tried just drawing a rectangle and applying an image filter, but
that doesn't work either.

I'm running Debian Sarge with version 1.5.0 of the JDK. Here's the command
I'm using to perform the rasterization:

java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m "image/jpeg" -q 0.99 -d "test.jpg"
"test.svg"

And here is my SVG document:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20001102//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20001102/DTD/svg-20001102.dtd">
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="400" height="400" >
<image xlink:href="Tux.jpg" x="10" y="10" width="50" height="50"/>
</svg>

I've used both an absolute URL and a relative URL for the image, because I
heard that could cause issues, but it hasn't seemed to have any impact
either way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rob