From 3z5y05...@sneakemail.com
Subject Re: Manually breaking <flowText>s
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:34:59 GMT
--- "thomas.deweese-at-kodak.com wrote:

>     I would suggest trying to modify the flowText to use flowRoot (fairly
> easy using something like XSLT unless you were using the vertical align
> options).
> The advantage is that the flowDiv element of flowRoot implements the
> TextContent interface which let's you ask for the BBox of individual chars
>
> in the text.
>
>     This should make it fairly easy to reverse engineer the line breaking.

Thanks Thomas, I think this is a good idea: the XSLT would be trivial (or a little DOM code,
which might run faster) and it looks like it's considerably easier to get the information
back.  Two further questions if I may:

1) If I construct the DOM myself, must I use an SVG12DOMImplementation to use flowRoot?
2) Is the flowRoot stuff in Batik 1.6 OK, or should I use trunk from SVN?

Thanks again for your help, you obviously do a lot of work answering questions on this list,
and it is appreciated.  Hopefully I shan't have cause to trouble you again.

--
HH