From Joel Uckelman <uckel...@nomic.net>
Subject setting rendering quality when using a Transcoder
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:08:40 GMT
Hi,

I have a subclass of ImageTranscoder which I wrote in order to get
BufferedImages as output. I see that it's possible to pass rendering
hints to some Renderers, but I don't see a way give rendering hints
to the Renderer that my ImageTranscoder will use (at least not without
reimplementing more of ImageTranscoder than I'd like). Is there a
simpler way to do this?

The reason I'd like to do this is to try rendering with the
VALUE_RENDER_QUALITY flag on to see whether that improves rendering
quality much.

In general, what can I do to improve rendering quality? The SVG I'm
displaying using Batik looks better in Inkscape (where I created it).

--
J.