From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: building the whole thing ...
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:32:27 GMT
I have a project in Eclipse per subproject, with the dependencies as
needed (Batik depends on FOP, FOP depends on Commons). I simply add the
src/resources directory to the source directories in Eclipse and all the
META-INF stuff works. With this setup I can change all the things I want
and when I'm done I rebuild Commons and put the JAR in FOP's lib
directory. Then I can build FOP using the Ant build and finally I can
move the transcoder JAR over to Batik. Building FOP in Eclipse, it is
important to run "ant codegen" to generated some additional source files
(see build/gensrc).

See also (maybe a little outdated):
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPIDESetupGuide

HTH

On 27.09.2006 19:39:11 ruben malchow wrote:

> hello list,
>
> so ... i am looking into trying to find out what i can do about the
> epstranscoder thing myself, pressing f4 all day. now after looking
> around a bit, i want to start fiddling around with it. i got the three
> svn trees
>
>        batik
>        fop
>        xmlgraphics-common
>
> what's your setup for this? i mean, building it using the build.xml in
> the trees works fine, but if i'm changing single files, i don't want to
> rebuild the whole thing, on the other hand, if i build it all to a
> single directory as .class files, things like the ImageWriterRegistry
> don't get initialized properly. i guess it needs to be packaged in a jar
> file with a proper META-INF directory ...
>
> how do you guys do this, preferably in eclipse?

Jeremias Maerki