From Erik Bunn <...@basen.net>
Subject Re: Modifying CSS via SVGStylable: null CSSEngine?
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:41:27 GMT

Thomas,

>    Yes, you need to boot the CSS and SVG DOM's before you use them
> (from the Wiki):
>         http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-batik/BootSvgAndCssDom

Argh - for all my googling, somehow I didn't hit this.
Keeping things light-weight makes complete sense, now that I know why.

>     This might in theory just boot the CSS DOM, which might
> be faster/lighter but also totally unknown territory.

It's based on what DocumentLoader does, but I'll definitely refactor
toward safe ground.

>> I've just given the clone the same instance as  'doc' use;
>> not sure if this is good.)
>
>     Same instance of what?  The UserAgent and DOM Impl would be fine
> everything else will cause you trouble eventually.

The CSSEngine. This will get factored out, although it seems to work
for the simple style manipulation I'm doing here.

Thank you!
//erik