From Ruben Malchow <ru...@khm.de>
Subject Re: pdf & gradients ...
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:33:32 GMT

hi thomas,

i love the way you always get straight to the point. anyway.

>     I assume this is about the SVN version being slower?

yes

>     What are versions 1.4.2 and 1.5.0?  Those would be
> ancient versions of Batik, FOP doesn't have such versions.
> And anyway the times below make it look like Batik-svn
> is the faster of the two by a factor of ~14x.

1.4.2 and 1.5.0 are the java vms ... and actually, i mixed up the two
timings, it should've been the other way round: batik-dist clocking in
at ~17s, while the one built from the svn takes 237s

>> batik-dist,    1.4.2   ---------------------------------
>>    all files : 237422ms
>
>> batik-svn,   1.4.2   ---------------------------------
>>    all files : 17391ms

i am attaching an example files. on my machine, it took ~70000ms to
export an eps from this with the libs build from the svn, and ~2700ms
with the libs from the 1.6 distribution zip. around the same when saving
as jpeg (67000ms vs ~3300ms).

i am also attaching a file to demonstrate it.

well, since the mailing list doesnt allow attachments that large, here's
a link to a zip containing the files:

http://disco.kalkatraz.de/svg_test_2.zip

.rm