From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas background
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:52:18 GMT
OK, I'm looking at the Wiki and I'm confused.  I'm using the JSVGCanvas.
>From the Wiki:

"If you are using the JSVGCanvas it does this when you associate an
SVGDocument with the canvas."

It sounds like that I'm using the SVG and CSS DOM interfaces already
then?  I also have a GVTTreeRendererAdapter that listens for
gvtRenderingCompleted.

My element definitely has a "fill" associated with it.

Here's my stack trace.  The offending line is the SVGPaint declaration:

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.batik.css.dom.CSSOMComputedStyle.getPropertyCSSValue(Unknown
Source)

        at
mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.util.SVGUtil.getColor(SVGUtil.java:79)

        at
mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.listeners.button.PageChangeAction.setBackgro
undButton(PageChangeAction.java:51)

        at
mil.jfcom.cie.whiteboard.ui.listeners.button.PageChangeAction.actionPerf
ormed(PageChangeAction.java:81)

        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)

        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractB
utton.java:1839)

        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.ja
va:420)

        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)

        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonList
ener.java:245)

        at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231)

        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)

        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)

        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)

        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)

        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)

        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)

        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThrea
d.java:201)

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.
java:151)

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Michael Bishop