From "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bis...@je.jfcom.mil>
Subject RE: JSVGCanvas background
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:53:50 GMT
Oh, and I'm not using elements from a custom namespace.  I do have a
couple attributes from a custom namespace, but none representing color
or affecting the rendering at all.

Michael Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas.deweese@kodak.com [mailto:thomas.deweese@kodak.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:07 PM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: RE: JSVGCanvas background

Hi Vincent, Michael,

"V. de Weger" <batik@beno-delft.nl> wrote on 09/16/2006 06:59:36 PM:

> Michael, you probably get the NPE because you're specific element has
no
fill
> in it's style. cssvalue is null then, and can't be casted.

   This also reminds me that if you are asking about the fill on an
SVG element that is a child of a non-SVG element (say a custom
element in a custom namespace) then the CSS cascade won't be active
in that 'branch' of the DOM (partially because it's unclear how
the non-SVG element should effect the CSS cascade).